This is an abbreviated version of the basic State of the Sales Team Evaluation that I go through with each new Sales Training client, well before any contracted curriculum is developed or taught. Have your Sales Managers (or Sales Pros) take this quiz anonymously, and you'll quickly identify some hidden weaknesses in your sales team. It's much easier to develop an effective solution when you're attacking the real problem!
2. What are your team’s strengths? Prospecting, cold calling, follow up, presentation, closing, account management, referral generation?
3. What is your team’s weakest skill? Prospecting, cold calling, follow up, presentation, closing, account management, referral generation?
4. How have you addressed this/these weakness(es)?
5. What are the most frequent objections your team hears? Are they written down for the team?
6. Have you helped your team develop effective responses to these objections? Are they written down for the team?
7. What are the weaknesses of your product line?
8. Do you train your team on how to answer (not deflect) questions about the weaknesses?
10. When is the last time you trained your team on the offerings of the competition?
11. What do you do regularly to keep your team inspired and motivated? Does it seem to work?
12. How often do you have team meetings? Never Daily Weekly Monthly As Needed
13. How often do you praise team members? Never Daily or more Weekly Monthly Can't Remember
14. How often do you correct, scold, or discipline individual team members? Daily or more Weekly Monthly
15. How often do your team members praise each other? Daily or more Weekly Monthly Less than monthly
16. Do you believe your team members have enough sales materials? If no, what do they need?
17. Do you believe your department has adequate support in your organization? If no, why not? What do you need?
18. Once a sale has been made, are there any consistent problems with fulfillment? If yes, what are the problems? What have you done to resolve this?
19. Does your team use a CRM? Is it within a week of up to date?
20. What is your management style?
21. Have you sought other employment within the last year? If yes, why?
22. If no CRM, how do you keep track of and manage your pipeline?
23. How current are your client and prospect files? Up to date Within a week Within a month More than 30 days out of date
24. How many hours per week do you work? 35-45 45-55 55-65 65+
25. Do you have any selling responsibilities? What percentage of your time is spent selling?
26. How many hours per week do you spend on paperwork? 5-8 9-12 3-16 17-20 20+
Look at all the answers in context of which teams are the most successful, and which are the least. What answers surprised you? Now you have somewhere to start from...
Visit us at www.marinoconsultants.com